January 12 2017
Have you ever tried Turmeric, Ginger and Cinnamon Tea? It’s a favourite hot and healthy tea moment around the office; with it ‘s spicy and warming flavours and delicious taste. This is known to be an effective anti-inflammatory tonic – for maximum effect drink it first in the day on an empty stomach.
Here is the quick and easy recipe:
Turmeric, Ginger, & Cinnamon Tea
- 3-4 slices of turmeric
- 3-4 slices of ginger
- 1 stick cinnamon
- place the above into your Libre glass,
- add hot water – steep 5+ minutes, sip and enjoy
Variations – Add raw honey after steeping. If you don’t have fresh turmeric or ginger; use 1/3 teaspoon each ground turmeric, ginger and cinnamon.
Increase Effectiveness: To increase turmeric absorption in the body, add a teaspoon of coconut oil, flaxseed oil or 1/4-1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
Did you know turmeric and ginger are two of the best herbs to relieve joint pain?
We mentioned some of the health benefits of ginger in our last blog post – Lemon, Ginger and Raw Honey Infusion. Here are a few health benefits of turmeric and cinnamon.
Turmeric and its anti inflammatory properties
- Aids with pain relief
- relieving of chronic arthritis and joint pain
- good effect on the digestive system
- is also an anti-depressant and anti-coagulant
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can help with lower LDL cholesterol, and blood pressure
- Beneficial for pain relief
- Has highly potent polyphenol antioxidants
- Helps fight bacterial and Fungal Infections
What is one of the most unusual spices you’ve used in your tea infusions?
Share with us for a chance to win a Libre Tea Infuser!