December 04 2012
So many tea moments to share : ) – moments to connect and reflect on your own or with family, friends, significant others and coworkers; these are truly enjoyable tea moments. And then, there are our communities – tea moments inspired and enjoyed through giving to others, at this season of sharing and caring and especially with those in need.
We’ve thought of a few ideas for local support, and we know you have a few of your own!
- Give a warm meal and cup of tea to someone living on the street
- Help out at the food bank, with food or time
- Help cook holiday dinner at a local shelter
- Volunteer at the youth center and share the spirit of the season
- Visit the elderly and cause some joy
Tea moments are a time of inner peace and a time to connect and get back in the flow – giving helps us remember our capacity for goodness and caring.
Maybe a few different gifts this year, donations for goodness, sometimes we just don’t need or want more ‘stuff’. Here are a few of our favourites in the global realm.
A few suggestions for helping globally:
- Give the gift of reading – Room to Read is a great example
- Give the gift of Milk or Eggs – Heifer International
- Check out these gifts that give twice – once for the receiver and once for Shanti Uganda
- Help children around the world – Foundation for the Children of Haiti, World Vision, Foster Parents Plan
- Donate or Volunteer for a charitable organization – Cancer Foundation, Heart and Stroke Foundation, Arthritis Foundation – and many, many more worthy causes…
We should give as we would receive, cheerfully, quickly, and without hesitation; for there is no grace in a benefit that sticks to the fingers. ~Seneca
When we give to others we make the world a better place, and this in turn gives us a sense of peace allowing us to truly experience more peaceful tea moments.
Share your good fortune this holiday season and inspire more flow and love all around – locally and globally.
Share with us ways you show and share your gratitude and love in this season of love, light and spirit.
Here are two teas that you might enjoy and can win for your sharing the love ideas
Kyoto Rose from Kicking Horse Coffee in Invermere BC
Peach Black from Tea Gallerie in San Diego, CA
Congratulations to Renata who one last weeks Sharing Tea Moments with CoWorkers!
Wishing you peace, prosperity and many peaceful tea moments in 2013!
* for all Libres purchased online and through participating retailers