October 23 2015
Explore your creativity with tea by adding a few of your favourite flavours. Here is our new ‘How To’ video showing different ways to be creative with tea.
Yes, we can purchase our teas with spices and flavours already added. However, it is so rewarding when we create a delicious, healthy, aromatic tea on our own.The first step to creating your own tea is deciding the base – will you use black, green, matcha or herbal? Or maybe no base, like the banana tea recipe below.
Next pick your favourite spices, fruits and/or flavours. You don’t have to be limited to numbers here but usually 3-5 added to the base is enough. You don’t want to overpower any of the
Here are a few of our favourite add-ins and some of their health benefits:
- cinnamon sticks – high in antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties, can lower blood sugars, helps fight bacterial and fungal infections, etc…
- cardamom pods – improves digestion, helps eliminate bad breath, may alleviate symptoms of respiratory illnesses, helps fight anaemia, etc…
- vanilla beans – contains antioxidants, has anti-inflammation ability, may lower cholesterol, etc…
- Apple – may help avoid Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases, may decrease risk of diabetics, helps prevent constipation and diarrhea, etc…
- mandarin orange – may help prevent some cancers and kidney disease, helps lower cholesterol, is high in potassium, etc…
- banana – may help improve depression symptoms, sustain blood pressure levels, helps getting into a deep sleep, etc…
Nuts and other flavours:
- dark chocolate (quality = no sugar) – is rich in Fiber, Iron, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese and a few other minerals, high in antioxidants, etc….
- almond slivers – high in antioxidants, best source of vitamin E, helps with blod pressure control, high in magnesium, etc…
- coconut flakes – high in protein that helps maintain healthy tissue and muscle, high in Zinc and Iron, etc…
Here are a few recipe ideas to get your creativity flowing!
- Iced Ginger Hibiscus Tea
- 5 Spices You Need for Homemade Chai
- Banana Tea
- Hot Coconut Herbal Tea
- Homemade Pumpkin Chai Latte
What ingredients will you use when you are exploring your creativity with tea?
Share with us for a chance to win a Libre glass of your choice!